Research and Reference Wing was created in 1976 as a Research Arm to conduct thorough research in various fields, provide an in-depth juristic point of view regarding Religious matter, formulate policies by SOPs in order to deal with certain challenges i.e. sectarianism, hate speech, blasphemy, anti-Islam propaganda, etc. And propagate various aspects of Seerat un Nabi (Peace Be Upon Him) in order to provide solutions for recurring challenges.
The Research and Reference Wing was created in 1976 as a Research Arm of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony to:
- Conduct research in various fields of Islamic studies
- Work as a pivotal force of the Ministry in executing Government policies at the Federal in terms of matters/references requiring in-depth study from a religious/juristic point of view
- Study / interpret the teachings of Islam in the context of the intellectual and scientific progress of the modern world
- Identify and study contemporary problems of the country in particular and the world of Islam in general
- Publish monographs, books, research reports, and such other research material as may be considered necessary for the promotion of knowledge of Islam
- Serve as a clearinghouse of knowledge on various aspects of Islam
- Promotion of sectarian harmony and eradication of social evils
- Uplift the living standard of the people from the socio-religious perspective
- Research on matters relating to Islam, Quran, Hadith, Fiqh, Seerat, Islamic History, mysticism etc.
- Holding National/ International Seerat Conferences, Ulema Mashaikh Conferences, Mahafil-e-Milad etc.
- National Seerat/Na’at Book/Article Competitions
- Printing, publication and distribution of MAQALAT-E SEERAT, Islamic Articles, awareness content on different religious issues
- Enforcement of the Holy Quran (Elimination of Printing and Recording Errors) Act, 1973.
- Recommendations for civil awards in the field of Qirat, Naat and Alim-e-Deen.
- Academic support in the matters relating to world religious organizations
- Supportive role in Islamization of economy and banking
- Declaration of the “standard version” of the Holy Quran for the whole country for the purpose of printing and recording
- Countering anti-Islam propaganda, hate speech and islamophobia
- evaluation of blasphemous, pornographic and hate speech websites
- Drafting President/Prime Minister’s messages to the Nation on different occasions
- Examination of issues under Islamic jurisprudence
- Matters related to Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee
- Holding of meetings of Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee for i) Muharram ii) Ramazan iii) Shawal iv) Zul-Hajj
- Arrangements for Ruet-e-Hilal at District, Provincial and Central level.
- Dealing with matters pertaining to sectarianism/terrorism and religious harmony
- Implementation and revision of the laws pertaining to the Ministry
- Review & drafting of Hajj literature for training and education of hujjaj
- Routine Court Cases and cases related to Federal Shariat Court
- Translation of letters received from Arab countries from Arabic into Urdu
- Drafting speeches/articles for the Minister for participation in seminars and conference
- Preparation of Hajj booklet
- Preparation of Ulema Directory
- Examination of Islamic literature/books
- Compilation of Ulama/Mashaikh lists and holding their meetings
- Eradication of social evils and promotion of Islamic moral standards
COMPOSITION OF R & R WING:
|Sr.||Designation||No. of Posts||Grade|
DIRECTOR GENERAL (R&R):
To Supervise D.D. (I&J), A.D.(J) & A.D.(Islamization)
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (I & J):
- All legal and court cases.
- Islamization of Laws and codification of new Islamic laws.
- Matters relating to marriage, adoption, guardianship and minors etc.
- Fiqhi opinion on matters relating to Muamilat, Siasiat and Jinayat.
- Academic and legal aspects of Qadiani issue/Blasphemy law.
- Matters pertaining to Women rights/status.
- Processing Laws Administratively relating to the Ministry; namely:
- The West Pakistan Muslim Personal Laws (Shariat Application) Act, 1962.
- The Ehram-e-Ramzan Ordinance, 1981.
- The Muslim Family Laws Ordinance, 1971.
- The Dowry and Bridal Gifts (Restriction) Act, 1976.
- The Guardian and Wards Act, 1980.
- The Marriage Function (Prohibition of Ostentatious Display and Wasteful Expenses) Ordinance, 2000.
- The Anti Islamic Activities of Qadiani Group, Lahori Group and Ahmadis (Prohibition and Punishment) Ordinance, 1984.
- The Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (JURISPRUDENCE):
- Islamic Jurisprudence and examination of books/references/magazines and journals from Islamic Juristic point of view.
- Fiqhi opinion on matters relating to Muamilat, Siasyat and Jinayat.
- Matters relating to Islamization of teaching, training and other allied matters.
- Promotion of Arabic languages and translation.
- Drafting of speeches/Messages for the President/Prime Minister etc.
- Human Rights.
- Shia-Sunni demands-Juristic point of view.
- Academic matters pertaining to fundamentalism, Terrorism, and Extremism.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (ISLAMIZATION):
- Eradication of social evils and promotion of Islamic moral standards.
- Examination of book is/magazines and general literature.
- Processing reports/recommendations of Council of Islamic Ideology.
- Matters pertaining to Population Welfare.
- Collection of laws from Islamic countries.
- Matters pertaining to judgments of the Federal Shariat Court regarding laws.
To Supervise the work of D.D. (Seerah), D.D.(Quran), A.D.(S-I), A.D.(S-II), A.D.(Q) & Librarian
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (SEERAH & RESEARCH)
- Research on matters relating to Islam, Quran, Hadith, Seerat, Islamic History, mysticism etc.
- Holding of National and International Seerat Conference both of men and women to project the life, seerah and teachings of the Holy Prophet (SAW).
- Examination of books, magazines, journals and other Islamic literature including general references with a view to determine their authenticity and consistency with the teachings of Islam.
- Civil Awards.
- Countering Anti Islam propaganda.
- Drafting of Speeches/Messages/Articles.
- Research and Islamic issues and matters pertaining to Islamic education;
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (SEERAH-I):
- Processing the Seerat, Na’at books and Seerat Articles Competition for men and women; publication/distribution of Seerat articles.
- Matters relating to Ulama and Mashaikh Conferences, General Conferences/functions etc.
- Drafting of Speeches/Messages for the President/Prime Minister/Minister and other dignitaries particularly on specified occasions.
- Examination of books, magazines, journals and other Islamic Literature including general references.
- Processing cases relating to autdience with the dignitaries and their participation in functions/conferences.
- Publication of Maqalat-e-Seerat.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (SEERAH-II):
- Matters with regard to Documentary Centre.
- Matters relating to Madaris Maslakwise i.e. Wafaq-ul-Madaris, Tanzeemul Madaris, Wafaq Ahle Hadith, Shia etc, their curricula and other allied matters.
- Compilation of Ulema/Mashaikh Directory.
- Data in respect of Religious institutes, Ulema/Mashaikh Quras/Naat Khawan, Mosques, Shrines, Religio- Political parties.
- Compilation of reports in respect of R&R Wing.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned by D.G. (R&R) from time to time.
- Holding monthly conferences on the laid down topics at the Federal level.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (QURAN):
- Ruet-e-Hilal Committee’s meetings and allied matters.
- Examination of books, magazines, journals, and other Islamic literature including general references under the Holy Quran (Elimination of Printing, Recording Errors) Act, 1973.
- Drafting of speeches/messages/articles.
- Matters relating to World religious organizations and movements Christian Missionaries, Zikris, Bohra Communities and other sects.
- Sectarian issues.
- Production of Friday sermons.
- Matters relating to Rabita Al-Alam Al-Islami, Motamar Al-Alam Al-Islami, O.I.C. and other similar International Organizations.
- Religious Harmony Commission, Ulema Council, Ulema Board, and Ulema Committees.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (QURAN):
- Implementation of the publication of the Holy Quran (Elimination of Printing and Recording Errors Act, 1973 and the Rules.
- Examination of the Holy Quran/books, magazines, and general references under the Holy Quran Act.
- Drafting of speeches/messages.
- Examination of books, magazines, journals, and other Islamic literature along with; their clearance for import/export.
- Selection and printing of religious books, writing articles, and producing pamphlets on various Islamic topics for distribution.
- Issuance of N.O.C. for import/export of Holy Quran and Islamic books.
- Selection of relevant Quranic verses and Ahadith for various purposes.
- Collection of data in respect of publishing agencies of the Islamic literature and the Holy Quran and procurement of copies of the Holy Quran published by them so far under Quran Act.
- Examination of Hajj Booklets.
- Coordination with President/Prime Minister’s Secretariat in respect of Mahafit-e-Meelad.
- Making coordination with President/Prime Minister’s Secretariat in respect of Mehfil-e-Milad.
- Maintenance of library.
- Purchase of Books.
- Miscellaneous duties assigned by D.G.(R&R).
WEB EVALUATION CELL / ANTI-BLASPHEMY CELL (PROPOSED)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (WEB-I):
- Evaluation of web contents.
- Checking of material on different websites regarding sectarian issues.
- Makes evidence (if any objectionable content is found) by taking a screen of the content.
- Giving description as per its nature of the objection.
- Lodge complain to PTA for blocking websites after their detailed review.
- Converting word files to PDF Format for lodging complaints.
- Attach PDF Files evidence with the complaint.
- Keep a record of IDs given by PTA against area complaints.
- Follow up the status of the complaint; resend the complaints if not blocked.
- Creation of an encyclopedia of web content using google spreadsheets.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (WEB-II):
- Evaluation of blasphemous contents on social media.
- Checking of material on social media regarding sectarian issues.
- Makes evidence (if any objectionable content is found) by taking a screenshot of the content.
- Giving description as per its nature of the objection.
- Lodge complain to PTA for blocking of the Social Media pages after their detailed review.