BACKGROUND OF HAJI CAMP:
Initially, Haji Camp was established at different places/locations i.e. Layari, Korangi, Old Nimaish near Jacob lines, and Carlton Hotel near Cantt: Station.
(2) ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW HAJI CAMP AT SULTAN ABAD, KARACHI
Foundation stone was laid down by General Muhammad Ayub Khan, the President of Pakistan on 14-08-1959, and construction was completed in the year 1966.
Covered area: 3.50 Acres
Open area: 11.35 Acres
Total area: 14.85 Acres
(3) BLOCKS / BUILDINGS OF NEW HAJI CAMP
New Haji Camp consists of the following Blocks/Buildings:-
3(a) Administration Block: Directorate of Hajj, Karachi is situated in the Admn Block.
3(b) G Blocks: Block ‘G’ is being used as residential accommodation of intending pilgrims having a capacity of 350 persons at a time.
3(c) Dispensary: A temporary Dispensary is setup in the briefing hall for vaccination of Flu & meningitis etc. and provision of the medical facility to the intending pilgrims;
3(d) Masjid: There is 01 Masjid where officers/staff of this Directorate, Rangers & MDM, resident of the colony, Rangers, and students of MDM offer prayers. Besides, intending pilgrims offer prayers during Hajj Operation and also being imparted training on daily basis from the 1st date of reporting of Hujjaj till their last flight;
3(e) Toilet/Bath Rooms: There are 28 Toilets / Bath Rooms near Masjid for use of Hujjaj.
3(f) Canteen/Shops: There is 01 (one canteen) and 14 (fourteen) shops in Bait-ul-Hujjaj, Karachi. After floating tenders, Canteen / Shops are being rented out for the provision of food and Hajj items to the intending pilgrims during Hajj Operation;
3(g) Banks/Airlines: Separate offices are established as a kiosk within the premises of Bait–ul–Hujjaj / New Haji Camp for scheduled Banks / Airlines;
3(h) Residential Colony (For the staff of this Directorate): There are 10 houses in the colony which is situated near Gate No. 1 for residential accommodation of staff of this Directorate.
THE DETAILS OF ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND PROGRESS DURING THE PRECEDING FINANCIAL YEAR IN RESPECT OF DIRECTORATE OF HAJJ, KARACHI
Address: Directorate of Hajj/New Haji Camp, Sultan Abad, M.T. Khan Road, Karachi
Contact # 021-35688307, 99204761, 35684656, Fax: 99206132
Email Address: email@example.com
SOME PICTURES FROM DIRECTORATE OF HAJJ:
- The main objective is to provide the best possible welfare cover to intending pilgrims;
- To implement the decision and policies of the Ministry regarding Hajj operation and all other matters;
- To feedback the Ministry in connection with the matter required for framing the Hajj Policy;
- Keeping constant review, on year to year basis for the purpose of improving the arrangements of Hajj Operations;
- To coordinate the Provincial Government, Federal Government departments, agencies, and corporation etc. on behalf of Ministry of Religious Affairs, regarding religious seminars, conferences, delegations and Ruit-e-Halal meetings, Mehfil-e-Qirat, Mehfil-e-Shabina, and allied matters;
- Imparted training programs at District Tehsil levels in 03 sessions with the liaison of local administrations / Department;
- After receiving Passports of IPs form IT Cell of the Ministry, sort out Flight Schedule wise;
- To provide proper medical facilities to the pilgrims on round the clock basis during Hajj season.
- To adopt necessary measures for the comfortable stay of Hujjaj-e-Karam, completion of their travel documents, and all allied matters regarding the smooth and trouble-free departure/arrival of Hujjaj-e-Karam.
- Disposal of leftover baggage received from the Directorate of Hajj (Saudi Arabia).
- Pursue the matters of lost/sick pilgrims and their personal effects and belongings with concerned agencies.
- To provide the facility to the intending pilgrims regarding Hajj matters and to redress the genuine grievances of the intending pilgrims.
- Reconciliation of Accounts with Banks, PIA, Saudi Airlines, and Ministry.
- Coordination with AGPR and Treasury
- Preparation of annual budget estimates.